35 Responses to things

1. Yasmin says:

mmmm toast…
    Yasmin recently posted..Guess What?

2. Yay, you’re back! With toast! But your vomit circle is so much smaller than mine, and your things I actually do overlap so much bigger that I’m jealous now and have to go eat some toast. With chocolate.
    Raw Once More recently posted..Crazy Things I Do When Insomnia Strikes

3. Oh wow, that should have said commit circle, not vomit, but my iPad keeps correcting it to vomit. My iPad vomits at commitment!
    Raw Once More recently posted..Crazy Things I Do When Insomnia Strikes

4. Mayor Gia says:

Things are hard. Let’s try not to do too many at once, we could hurt ourselves. I mean, we are CONSTANTLY breathing and keeping our hearts beating. I feel like I don’t get enough recognition for that.
    Mayor Gia recently posted..Mother’s Day Gift Ideas

5. Alexis says:

People have a vomit circle? Is that a thing? Sometimes I feel so out of it on the Internet ;)

My “things I commit to doing” circle is pretty small. I’ve got a well developed “no” response. I also have a well developed toast eating capacity. Excuse me while I go put those things on my resume.
    Alexis recently posted..Everything You Ever Hoped to Know About Swaddle Blankets

6. Holly Folly says:

I prefer the Pop Tarts of procrastination myself.
    Holly Folly recently posted..Things I have Learned About Myself: Back Injury Addition.

7. neal says:

Can’t remember if I’ve ever commented before, but I’ve followed along and it’s cool to see things back in action. Clearly, “things you end up doing” and “things you should do” have an admirable percentage in common. Long live toast.
    neal recently posted..This one goes out to all the mothers…

8. Michael says:

You just talked about way too many things at once. Slow down speed racer. Let’s focus on the toast.
    Michael recently posted..Pictures from the Past

9. MOV says:

Ha! Awesome description!

Once you get old like me (*cough-cough, 40-something*) then you can add a few more stellar circles to the lovely Venn diagram of life, for example “Things That I Thought I Might Have Already Done But Turns Out I Didn’t” and the ever-popular “Things My Husband and Kids Want Me to Get Done But I Ran Out of Time and Lie About to Get Them Off My Case and Then I Try To Do Tomorrow Instead.”

And my circles of accomplishments do not include toast. They include café lattes or Girl Scout cookies (sometimes both).

best,
    MOV
    MOV recently posted..967. That Anthropologie Dress

10. [...] Things | This is Not That Blog I freaking love the graphics that go along with the posts. It’s like birthday cake to me. [...]

11. Tia says:

I know those feels.
    Tia recently posted..I am a horrible housewife.

12. Amanda says:

Mmmm, toast with nutella….toast with peanut butter and honey….Laundry? What laundry?
    Amanda recently posted..His Scar, Part II (Re-worked post)

13. Amber says:

How are you not Allie Brosh famous?
    Amber recently posted..A Guide To Tasmania.. Kind Of

14. Ragemichelle says:

Toast. Best. Smell. Ever.
    Ragemichelle recently posted..20 Reasons You Shouldn’t Clean Out Your Fridge

15. Bethlin says:

There is nothing better than toast that is saturated in butter. mmmmmmmmm.
    Bethlin recently posted..New Sport: SUP

16. Plumsauce10 says:

I want to do things… This has inspired me to do those things…

*totters off to fulfill my need to do things*

*comes back confused*

I believe I’m lost. Where’s the circle for when there are no things?
    Plumsauce10 recently posted..WARNING: If you’re not a fan of the complaint then I suggest checking
    out another of my posts instead of this one… That, or google image
    pictures of Otters because they never fail to be amusing.

17. Liz says:

I feel like this is 100% me.
    Liz recently posted..Links à la Carte Vol. 3

18. Suniverse says:

HELLO.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I hope you enjoyed your toast. And that it had delicious jelly on it. Or maybe fancy preserves. Mmmm. Toast.

XOXOXOXO

19. Cher says:

It’s like you snuck into my house and took a picture of me.

Wait a minute….

20. Amber says:

I am extremely committed to eating toast.
    Amber recently posted..Do you ever accidentally attend strangers’ funerals?

21. This is actually how I always end up dealing with my tasks! Sometimes, I plan to accomplish a lot of things and end up doing other things that are less important/ Well, life should be taken lightly at least that is how it works for me…and other people I know :)
    Farrah | Funny Cat Pics recently posted..“3 out of 5 smokers die”

22. Shawna Lewis says:

Damn. I’m too late for the giveaway. Luckily, I love Venn Diagrams and hate small talk with strangers so much that I will buy the book on Kindle anyway.
    Shawna Lewis recently posted..Hotdog Water Reflections

23. ivette says:

hahaha! that’s me for sure!
    cool post!

24. Megly Mc says:

Yes, but if the toast has butter and strawberry jelly, then it encompasses all things and is the nexus by which all events spring. (I have no idea what I’m saying anymore…it’s time for a nap.)

25. Catherine says:

Wow, I’m glad to have found you. This blog is headed for my Feedly STAT. :)

26. Lekha G. Rao says:

Lol… Awesome Post… Awesome Blog… Too many people dealing with the same problem. My statement would say ” me eating Sweets which is way better than ….” I love toast too but the butter and jam in India just doesn’t taste like what you get in every other country… Sigh :(

27. Laura says:

If we all just keep committing to do more and more things, then eventually the “things I commit to doing” circle will envelop the other two. Then when judgy people are all “you should have done this thing” you can be like, “I was busy doing things I committed to for others. Don’t you care about others?”

My logic is unassailable.

Laura recently posted..Mystery Smell

28. adrey says:

must ..eat..toast…

29. Susan says:

Replace toast with vodka, and that’s me.
    Susan recently posted..Thanks, WebMD. You always make people feel better.

30. Michelle says:

Mmmmm….toast. ..

Toast is the greatest.
    Michelle recently posted..Undignified Deaths: And Other Topics To Raise My Spirits

31. Momof3T says:

sitting down watching TV while eating potato chips and drinking my soda and playing on my mini iPad are the things i end up doing, while my hubby would say, what’s our dinner hon? Oops….
    Momof3T recently posted..What is Aqualipo?

32. Avery says:

The fact that there is any overlap at all is actually pretty impressive!

(Avery Hanaden, http://www.pinksparklynotebook.com)

33. Awesome! I’ve read through this entire blog and enjoyed every second of it!
    Check out my blog Kendall,http://preethadatta.blogspot.in
    I’d like some pointers from you! :)
    Preetha Datta recently posted..Redial Button : Awkward Conversation Catalyst